Your Questions Answered
Our team have answered the most common questions, if you still have questions then please contact us as we’re here to help
New: Customer Parking Map
New: Harmony Test now unavailable, book our replacement NIPT Test
Updated: Covid Safety
Our Orpington clinic is open and accepting new bookings.
We’re asking our customers and guests to follow new measures to continue to protect you, baby, and our staff:
- Face Masks – We require customers and guests wear face masks as our clinic is small and the government advises people to wear masks in crowed indoor environments. Our staff will be wearing face masks.
- Friends & Family – We have lifted the restrictions on how many guests that customers can bring with them. However, we do ask customers not to bring more than 5 guests as our clinic is small. Large groups will need to respect other customers and may be asked to wait outside until the scan.
- Appointments – We have increased the time in between appointments to reduce the number of people in our clinic waiting room.
- Protection – We may use contactless laser thermometers at our clinic to screen customers and guests as they enter the clinic. Anyone who has a raised temperature will not be allowed access to the clinic.
- Cleaning – We continue with our increased routine infection control cleaning measures throughout our clinic.
- Hygiene – We continue to provide hand sanitiser gel at our reception.
- Card Payments – We encourage customers to pay by card only.
- B&W Printing – For scan packages we will be printing black and white thermal paper prints from the ultrasound machine. The sonographer will choose the best pictures and print them. Customers are unable to choose which pictures are printed. Customers can add extra prints on to their package but this must be done before the scan, which cost £5 each.
- Colour Printing – We are printing colour photo paper prints. After your scan you can look through your images and choose to print colour photo prints which are priced at £6 for 1 print or £20 for 4 prints.
- Fridge Magnets – We are creating fridge magnets and key rings which are priced at £10 each.
Stay at home if you and or your support person or someone in your house has coronavirus symptoms. Do not come to the clinic if you or your support person or someone you live with has either of the following symptoms:
- High Temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back, you do not need to measure your temperature. Please note we may be using a contactless laser thermometer to screen people as they enter the clinic, anyone who has a raised temperature will not be allowed access to the clinic.
- New Continuous Cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours, if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual.
- Smell & Taste – a loss of smell or taste, also called anosmia.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to our Orpington clinic.
Babyvue Team x
Updated: SneekPeak Test
Updated: Scan Photo Prints
B&W Printing – For scan packages we will be printing black and white thermal paper prints from the ultrasound machine. The sonographer will choose the best pictures and print them. Customers are unable to choose which pictures are printed. Customers can add extra prints on to their package but this must be done before the scan, which cost £5 each.
Colour Printing – We are printing colour photo paper prints. After your scan you can look through your images and choose to print colour photo prints which are priced at £6 for 1 print or £20 for 4 prints. If you buy a photo frame we will print a photo to fit for £5.
Fridge Magnets – We are creating fridge magnets and key rings which are priced at £10 each.
CQC Inspection & Rating: Good
At our latest inspection on the 28 July 2022 by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) we were rated Good.
You can see our full CQC inspection report here at www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-6466010679.
How do I book an appointment?
Where is your clinic?
Our clinic address is 2 Kelvin Parade, Orpington, BR6 8BS.
You can find us on Google Maps.
Is Babyvue wheelchair accessible?
The Babyvue clinic in Orpington is on the ground floor but there is a step up into the front door of the clinic. There is a narrow walkway between the waiting room and scan room that may not fit all types of wheelchairs. The toilet is not wheelchair accessible.
Is my booking deposit refundable?
No, unfortunately, the booking deposit is not refundable if you cancel your appointment or do not attend your appointment your booking deposit will not be refunded.
Will I get a rescan if my baby is in bad position for my 4D scan?
Yes, we provide one free rescan if we are unable to get any 4D pictures.
What time should I arrive for my appointment?
Please arrive just 5 mins before your appointment time to fill in registration forms if necessary.
Do I need to bring my maternity notes with me?
Yes, please bring your notes with you so we have all your information at hand if needed.
What is a 4D scan?
A 4D scan is a 3D scan in real time. The forth dimension is time!
When is the best time to get a 4D scan?
We recommend having a 4D scan at 28 weeks gestation. At this stage baby still has room to move and still has lots of amniotic fluid which we need to get good 4D images.
Is there any parking onsite?
There is free street parking outside.
I don’t want to know the gender of my baby, can I still have a scan?
Yes, we will not look at the gender of the baby if you don’t want to know.
Can my partner come with me to my scan?
Yes, your partner can come along with you to your scan.
Do I need to drink lots of water before my appointment?
If you are having a gender scan or an early scan, then yes, you need to drink water then hold your bladder so you have a full bladder for the scan. For all other scans, you don’t!
However, you should try to be well hydrated, drink plenty of water in the days leading up to your scan to ensure baby has lots of amniotic fluid which helps us get good images.
What if you find a problem?
If we find anything concerning, we will inform you and refer you to your local NHS to receive further medical advice and treatment.
Do you have toilet facilities?
What is an internal scan?
An internal scan is also called a trans-vaginal scan, it involves inserting an ultrasound transducer into the vagina. Internal scans generally give clearer images and are needed when things are too small to be seen by scanning over the belly. Internal scans are not painful and are not harmful to the baby or you.
Will I need an internal scan?
Pelvic scan – Yes, if you are having a pelvic scan then we will offer an internal scan as this is more accurate.
Early / dating scan – Possibly, if you are having an early scan then we often offer an internal scan if necessary. If you are less than 10 weeks then there is a high change we will offer an internal scan.
Gender , Quick peek and 4D scans – No, at this stage the baby is clearly seen by scanning over the belly and internal scans are no longer more accurate.
I am having twins/triplets, do I have to pay more?
Yes, unfortunately, the scan will take twice as long with twins, so our price is in accordance with this. We charge £30 per additional baby. However, if you are having an early scan there is no extra charge as this will not need a longer appointment time and you probably won’t know you are having twins until you have the scan.
I’m under 18, can I still have a scan?
Yes, but you must have a parent or guardian with you.
Will I be able to listen to my baby’s heartbeat during my scan?
We listen to the baby’s heartbeat in all scans except early scans. Listening to the baby’s heart beat uses a slightly higher power ultrasound setting so we err on the side of caution and do not utilise this setting until the baby’s over 16 weeks. We will however always check that the baby’s heart is beating, we can do this by observing the heart moving. The sonographer will point out the baby’s heart moving in all scans including early scans.
Can I reschedule my appointment?
Yes, you can reschedule your appointment, however this must be done at least 48 hours before your appointment time. To reschedule your appointment use the ‘Change/Cancel Appointment’ button on your confirmation email.
Can I take pictures or videos during my scan?
No, unfortunately photography is not allowed in the scan room. However our sonographer will take lots of pictures and video clips of your scan and we will email them to you for free after your scan. So you can just sit back, relax and enjoy your scan.
What are your terms and conditions?
You can find our full terms and conditions online at babyvue.co.uk/terms-conditions.
Happy Baby Bumps
Babyvue is here to make sure you and baby are happy and healthy. To make sure you feel welcomed, reassured, and in safe hands throughout your pregnancy and fertility journey. Here’s what our customers have said about their experience at our Orpington baby scan clinic on Google Reviews.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Baby ScanWe had such a great experience at BabyVue in Orpington. As others have mentioned, Elena is lovely and really went above and beyond to make sure we got some great... Charlotte, Verified Review★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Early Pregnancy ScanFantastic early scan, I was nervous even though it’s our second pregnancy and there was no messing about! Within about 20 seconds of having the ultrasound on... JKW, Verified Review
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Ultrasound ScanThe staff were all amazing, very helpful and reassuring. It was lovely to see our little baby moving around and the lady that did our scan was great in... Sam, Verified Review★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Gender RevealWe came back to BabyVue today for a second visit, first was at 11 weeks and this time for an early gender reveal. Another great experience. Very ... Lisa, Verified Review
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
4D Baby ScanThe most amazing experience, very calm and relaxing. We had the 4D scan and Janene was so patient when the baby was hiding away and finally got the most ... Vicky, Verified Review★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Gender ScanBrilliant experience. Very welcoming, kind, friendly receptionist. Extremely talented sonographer. Exceptional level of knowledge and experience... Roberta, Verified Review
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Early Baby ScanExcellent experience both times I have visited BabyVue. My first impression of the clinic was the friendly and professional approach of the staff who greeted me ... Kathryn, Verified Review★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Private Ultrasound ScanI had a great experience at BabyVue. The staff were professional and friendly. The scans were very clear and the price was very reasonable. I would definitely... Danielle, Verified Review